Friday Home (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
By using your lock, using the Friday Lock app (our app) and/or visiting https://shop.fridayhome.net (our site) you are accepting and consenting to the uses of your personal data by us described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR), the data controller is Friday Home.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by using our app, filling in forms on our site https://shop.fridayhome.net or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our app or site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. On each use of our lock, use of our app or each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your app, lock, or computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- information about your visit to our site, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, event history (such as lock sharing, lock usage and lock invitations), uses of our app and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case, we will have informed you when we collected such data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We may receive information about you from them for the purposes set out in this policy.
- Further information: We also track information on our locks to which you have access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and app and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site and app to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (or phone);
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- third party suppliers who we use to send SMS messages to you to notify you of authentication codes; and
- third parties who we use to make calls to you for authentication purposes to verify your identity. We may use a third party to make a voice call to you to speak an authorisation code if the SMS messaging system for authentication has been unsuccessful.
- We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Friday Homes or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and will encrypt your passwords.
If you wish for your personal data to be removed from our databases, you may write to us at Friday Home firstname.lastname@example.org.
To protect your personal data, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Friday Home email@example.com.
Our site and our app may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act and GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.